This professional level position is responsible for ensuring assigned SIS Interviews are completed in a timely, reliable, and respectful manner that is consistent with both agency philosophy and standards as well as consistent with AAIDD standards and validity pertaining to the Supports Intensity Scale tool. The SIS Interviewer is responsible for scheduling, rendering service, and completing any related documentation within the established timelines. Main functions are SIS interviews and customer satisfaction. Customer includes but is not limited to: Consumer, families and guardians; Funding Sources; Providers and Employees.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Participate in SIS training and remain current regarding American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) standards associated with SIS.
- Maintain a minimum reliability status of “Qualified” in IRQRs conducted by an AAIDD recognized SIS Trainer.
- Conduct a SIS assessment for each individual receiving service in conjunction with the Person-Centered Planning process.
- Provide interpretation and analysis of SIS results.
- Provide consultation on the development of the Plan of Service (POS) that incorporates the results of the SIS assessment.
- Successfully maintain status on an annual basis as an AAIDD recognized Interviewer via Inter-rater Reliability Qualification Review.
- Participate in all required Periodic Drift Reviews and utilize feedback to maximize reliability, customer satisfaction, and minimize drift on an individual level and as a team member.
- Comply with all rules, regulations, laws, and standards associated with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Be aware of and comply with the continuing education and mandatory training requirements for the position.
- Delivered customer related services and reports within specific timeframes as established by standards of practice.
- Coordinate and meet the individual’s needs and expectations.
- Render services in a dependable and reliable manner.
- Conduct all interactions with consumers with dignity and respect.
- Present a favorable public image of the local agency by being helpful, supportive and polite to all individuals served and encountered stakeholders.
MINIMUM & EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Possession of bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field, or four years of equivalent work experience in a related field. Requires at least one year experience working with individuals that have developmental or intellectual disabilities and have computer experience. Lived experiences with behavioral health issues are valued.