Our mission is to walk with you on your journey to live the most independent life possible while ensuring choice, dignity and quality of life.
Northern Health Care Management is proud to be a part of Michigan’s statewide effort to provide comprehensive services for persons who are nursing home eligible and choose to receive care at home. This program is commonly referred to as the Waiver Program or MI Choice.
A person centered plan will be developed based on the choices and active involvement of the individual wishing to move from the nursing facility or who wish to remain in their community.
Through the assistance of our Supports Coordinators’ assessment of the individual’s needs, we establish and maintain and most often arrange payment for in-home care.
- Assessment for home needs
- Ongoing support with at least monthly contact
- Person-centered planning service with options to meet care needs
- In-home follow-up visits
- Service provision for participants with limited resources
- Northern Health Care Management contracts with many of your local community agencies to provide your services and support.
- Nursing Facility Transition
- Supports Coordination
- In-home care and assistance
- Home Delivered Meals
- Emergency Response Systems
- Private Duty Nursing
- Snow Plowing
- Environmental Modifications
- Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Housing Assistance
- Medicaid Eligibility Specialist
- Non-Emergent Medical Transportation
Northern Health Care Management
(231) 933-4917 or toll-free 1-800-640-7478
Nursing Facility Transition Services are funded by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.