Individuals in this clinical position are responsible for providing crisis intervention services. This position functions as a member of a team to carry out the Authority’s crisis intervention services. This position reports to the Crisis Services Supervisor. This position provides no direct supervisory responsibilities.
$25 per hour
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide emergency and crises intervention services in a variety of settings including the community/home, hospital, or office.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) in assessing their needs, creating crisis prevention plans, and obtaining the appropriate level of care.
- Provide consultation to other community agencies and professionals (police, courts, clergy, etc.) as needed.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of program services.
- Participate in Quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
- Coordinate services that attends total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not necessarily limited to, housing, family relationships, social activities, education, finance, employment, health (including special needs), recreation, mobility, protective services and documents as appropriate.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) in assessing their needs and identifying resources needed to overcome challenges and prevent them from reoccurring.
- Maintain knowledge of mental health symptomatology, intervention and treatment strategies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited university. Two years’ experience in a mental health related field.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Psychologist preferred. Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, or Masters Limited Psychologist considered. Must maintain licensure.
Additional certification may be required for specialized services, such as CAADC, Gerontology.