ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
• Serve as Human Resources Specialist for the agency with direction of the HR Director.
• Attend interviews as a HR representative.
• Perform complex and confidential functions, such as HR investigations and facilitating performance management meetings.
• Conduct fingerprinting process for all Residential Care Aid (RCA) applicants and applicable workforce members.
• Conduct criminal history checks on annual basis for all RCA’s according to licensing rules.
• Educate workforce member on process for workers’ compensation claims. Coordinate with payroll, comp carrier, workforce member and supervisor.
• Maintain and update position descriptions.
• Initiate and monitor performance appraisals for NLCMHA staff agency wide.
• Maintain all RCA personnel files, open and closed, in accordance with policies and union contract.
• Coordinate benefits – life, health insurance, dental, FMLA, STD, LTD, etc.
• Coordinate benefits for COBRA eligible staff and retirees.
• Responsible for Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) annual reporting.
• Manage petty cash fund for Cadillac office.
• Update/distribute union seniority/call-in roster for RCA’s and employee listing of board operated homes for RCA’s.
• Participate in assigned committees.
• Participate in policy review functions.
• Assist with CARF and audits.
• Provide advice, counsel and assistance on highly sensitive and complex issues.
• Act as liaison with new workforce members.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Human Resources/Business preferred. Associates degree in Human Resources or business considered with experience in Human Resources that would provide the knowledge, ability and skills necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position.
A minimum of (2) to (3) years direct Human Resources experience required.