This complex, varied, and responsible clerical work is based on considerable knowledge of accounting principles and practices with responsibility for accumulation of data to provide background information used in accounting transactions considered the primary focus of the work. This position involves a variety of duties including the skilled operation of a management information system, analytical spreadsheets, and word processing software. This position works with the general ledger, payroll, consumer and billing software – Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Work requires considerable initiative and judgment and is performed within established procedures and under minimum supervision. This position is not responsible for direct supervision of staff.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Prepare, maintain and distribute monthly data reporting and special reports.
- Enter and submit electronic billings. Post payments received through that process.
- Assist in timely entry or post direct payments into client records and general ledgers.
- Process provider claim batches through the NLCMHA electronic record system (NoLa).
- Communicate and coordinate with providers.
- Research who has active Medicaid coverage and coordinate coverage entry into dataset.
- Become a Navigator to assist consumers with the online Medicaid application.
- Generate and distribute reports related to provider service provision.
- May assist in billing and posting of Medicare, Medicaid and third-party charges and credits using complex billing software.
- May assist in preparing letters/statements of charges to clients and third-party payers, including collection of delinquent accounts.
- May be responsible for investigation of potential/specific medical insurance benefits for consumers.
- Procure and distribute office supplies and equipment, adhering to established procurement policies and procedures.
- Prepare purchase orders, including processing vendor invoices.
- May keep subsidiary records and prepare/maintain necessary records/reports.
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating the agency fleet vehicles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree and two years’ experience in accounts management with use of billing software. An Excel skills test will be required to qualify for this position.