What is a Recovery Learning Community? What is the NLCMHA Recovery Council? What does recovery mean to us? These and other questions were discussed by lots of people who attended the first meetings of the Recovery Learning Communities at Northern Lakes CMH!
If you missed your community’s first meeting, come to the next one – it will never be too late to join in and learn about recovery at Northern Lakes CMH.
Everyone who attended the first time received a binder of materials and some give-aways. You can get a binder next meeting if you did not attend the first time. The binders included these documents, which you can read ahead of time (or not):
- Celebrations of Stigma Busters Projects in 2007 – local people changing the world!
- What is a Learning Community? – A paper on the concept
- What is the NLCMHA Recovery Council? – A paper on the concept
- Definitions of Recovery – Some definitions to consider in adopting an unique definition for Northern Lakes CMH
- Repository of Recovery Resources – a sheet that tells how to access all the resources on recovery at Boston University
- National Consensus Statement on Recovery – a sheet that tells about the 10 components of recovery. It includes a definition agreed upon by six federal agencies.
- NLCMHA Blueprint – 1st update 11/5/07. This is a living document which provides a road map to transform the local mental health system to one based on recovery for adults with mental illness.
Happy holidays… The Recovery Learning Communities are on break in December. The second meetings will be held in January. Bring YOUR definition of recovery next time. Come see what it’s all about, get involved, meet some great people, make a difference.
FEAR NOT • DREAM BIG • EXPECT RECOVERY