https://www.northernlakescmh.org/new/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Northern-Lakes-Community-Mental-Health-Authority-500x116.png 0 0 Northern Lakes CMH https://www.northernlakescmh.org/new/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Northern-Lakes-Community-Mental-Health-Authority-500x116.png Northern Lakes CMH2012-09-19 05:14:172012-09-19 05:14:17National Wellness Week: on Environmental Health
Today, we look at Environmental Health – Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being.
Ideas shared by people attending our September Action Group include these:
- I get outside and take a deep breath of fresh air.
- I like to go outside and enjoy the sounds… hearing birds, children laughing.
- I try to keep my home picked up. I remind myself that I deserve a nice place to be in.
- Sometimes when making my home clean seems like a big effort, I time how long a particular task takes. It’s a lot easier to motivate to do the dishes when I reflect on the fact that it really only takes a few minutes and that I really, really enjoy the result of a clean kitchen.
- I bring my own bags to the grocery store to carry my groceries, to help keep the environment nice.
- For me, decorating my home is important. I can make my environment look nice without spending a lot.
- Making my space be a nice place to be.
- I try to find new pleasing surroundings in my community for walking.
- Spending time at the clubhouse or drop-in center.