Northern Lakes Community Mental Health Authority (NLCMHA) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Receptionist at its Traverse City Office.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Project a professional and friendly attitude greeting clients, working with staff, other professionals, or the public while on the phone, at the counter, or in written work.
- Answer and transfer calls appropriately, make copies, record messages and distribute messages as needed.
- Triage situations and direct clients to the correct worker.
- Schedule and reschedule consumer appointments for doctors.
- Prepare all necessary information and paperwork for doctors one-three business days prior to scheduled appointments.
- Confirm doctor’s appointments by phone one business day before the appointment.
- Manage doctor’s schedules and availability for consumer appointments.
- Assist in doctor and client care coordination.
- Process requests for release of medical records in compliance with federal guidelines and maintain tracking of this process.
- Complete new consumer registration.
- Scan documents into electronic medical record.
- Maintain inventory and order new inventory of printer toner for Traverse City office.
- Schedule meetings and reserve space using the intranet scheduling system.
- Distribute incoming mail from other offices and outside agency.
- Process outgoing mail.
- Receive and distribute faxes.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to all offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school/GED, including or supplemented by course work in secretarial subjects.
- At least two (2) years experience in secretarial and general office clerical work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that would provide the knowledge, ability, and skill to meet the requirements listed herein.