The Cadillac Mini-Conference in October was medium in size but on full power in speaking out. An active group of 26 consumers, staff and speakers shared some of the following comments during the day:
- Knowledge empowers us. Every little bit of knowledge pushes you along that much further.
- Practice the 3 Cs to keep positive: Catch it. Check it. Change it.
- PUSH – Pray Until Something Happens.
- DBT is great.
- My cat is my therapy. If my cat could talk, he would have a tale to tell.
- Peer Supports make a freaking difference. You know what we’ve been through. Rock on!
The next Mini-Conference for consumers will be in Houghton Lake on Tuesday, November 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There will be presentations on Eliminating Self-Stigma and other upcoming classes being offered; Celebrating Nature’s Bountiful Harvest about learning how to safely store foods and use garden produce for nutritious recipes; Building Self-Esteem and Confidence. Consumers will be greeting, handling registration, introducing speakers and leading a mindfulness exercise. Register by November 15.