Today we look at Spiritual Health – Expanding our sense of purpose and meaning in life. Spirituality is the way you find meaning, hope, comfort and inner peace in your life. Many people find spirituality through religion. Some find it through music, art or a connection with nature. Others find it in their values and principles.
People attending the September Action Group had these ideas:
- Keeping a gratitude book, writing down what I am thankful for.
- Getting out in nature and feeling a connection to the earth.
- Sitting by yourself for a time of quietness.
- Writing down prayers, thoughts, questions, longings and hopes.
- Serve others.
- Being part of a faith community.
- Always try to do your best.
- Be a good friend.
- Help others less fortunate than ourselves.
- Try to savor each moment.
Set aside time every day to do the things that help you spiritually.