Northern Lakes Community Mental Health Authority (NLCMHA) recognizes the value of and employs people with lived experience and believes strongly in Recovery and a Culture of Gentleness. To this end, this position requires a commitment to creating and maintaining a culture that “Expects Recovery” and “Encourages Gentleness.”
Clubhouse staff are responsible and accountable for the functions of the area that they are hired into (called units), as delineated below. In addition, the expectation is that staff will work closely and collectively with members and staff to achieve the mission and vision of Club Cadillac. Shall strongly believe In Recovery, have a profound commitment to the principles and philosophy of the clubhouse model, and promote fidelity with the International Center for Clubhouse Development Self-Study and Certification Protocols. Clubhouse staff have generalist roles. All staff share employment, housing, evening, weekend, holiday and unit responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Engaging and working alongside unit members, performing the tasks of the unit.
- Assisting members with all aspects of community support services (including housing and entitlements).
- Preparing and submitting paperwork (including monthly progress notes, reports, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
- establishing and updating goals and recording progress of members, with members.
- Active participation in the maintenance of the unit and Club Cadillac in general.
- When scheduled, perform other roles such as early morning house opening, evening and weekend shifts, etc.
- Co-managing Transitional Employment Placements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s degree related to social services (social work, psychology, nursing, human services) preferred or 2 years’ minimum previous Clubhouse experience. Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality. Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff on the unit, staying late or arriving early, if necessary, to fulfill unit or member needs. Excellent organizational skills. Team approach. Valid Michigan driver’s license.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS: NA