Clubhouse staff are responsible and accountable for the functions of the area that they are hired into (called units), as delineated below. In addition, the expectation is that staff will work closely and collectively with members and staff to achieve the mission and vision of Club Cadillac. Shall strongly believe in Recovery, have a profound commitment to the principles and philosophy of the clubhouse model, and promote fidelity with the International Center for Clubhouse Development Self-Study and Certification Protocols. Clubhouse staff have generalist roles. All staff share employment, housing, evening, weekend, holiday and unit responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Engage in the work-ordered day, and work alongside members performing the tasks of the unit (kitchen and clerical).
- Assist members with all aspects of community support services including employment, education, and housing.
- Assist members to define their needs and formulate clubhouse goals and objectives through Person-Centered Planning.
- Conduct Clubhouse assessments and complete all necessary clinical paperwork.
- Evaluate progress on Clubhouse goals and work with members to make appropriate changes to support personal success.
- Responsible for occasional early morning house opening, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Participate in social recreation and wellness activities.
- Co-manage Transitional Employment Placements.
MINIMUM & EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- One (1) year of experience in intellectual/developmental disabilities or mental illness areas is preferred.
- Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment. Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
- Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff on the unit, staying late or arriving early, if necessary, to fulfill unit or member needs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team approach.
- Must have valid Michigan driver’s license.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a Licensed Bachelors Social Worker. Limited Licensed Bachelors Social Worker.
- Must maintain licensure.