A MI Choice Support Services Coordinator (SSC), assists Northern Health Care Management Licensed Supports Coordination staff in working with participants who are re-enrolling in MI Choice, enrolling after a nursing facility or hospital discharge, or otherwise assisting the participant with obtaining assistance in the community. Essentially, the SSC will perform the work of a Community Health Worker (CHW) and be unlicensed but must be trained in the duties of the job.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide administrative support to Supports Coordination staff, complete Health and Physical reviews, as well as other assigned tasks that will ensure that program participants receive timely and high-quality services.
- Maintain knowledge regarding community resources throughout the program coverage area.
- Primarily responsible for resource development.
- Liaison with Support Coordination staff, service recipients, supervisory staff, internal agency staff as appropriate, and community partners as directed.
- Take all community and nursing home referrals and log/prioritize according to mandated program criteria.
- Administer the program prescreening and explaining eligibility criteria.
- Track referral data to assist in steering marketing activities.
- Prepare letters and Action Notices necessary for appropriate referral follow-up.
- Responsible for basic Medicaid and Medicare knowledge to advise referral sources regarding potential eligibility criteria and resources to pursue.
- Responsible for ongoing knowledge of Northern Health Care Management programs and the positive representation of these services and delivery models.
- Ensure the ongoing development of positive customer relationships with all business partners, participants, and others.
- Provide appropriate education regarding Northern Health Care Management programs and other available community programs to assist the individual with immediate needs.
- Work onsite in the Northern Health Care Management office as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, a relevant human services field, and a CHW certificate or willingness to complete the training within the first 30-60 days of employment. The candidate must be adept at learning and utilizing software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in human relations or medical services, master’s degree, and related experience.