This position involves a variety of duties including data entry and report preparation requiring a thorough knowledge of Excel, Microsoft databases, and other utilized software with responsibility for accumulation, tracking, and reporting of data. Additionally, specialized skills such as knowledge of quality improvement, compliance and audit functions as well as the ability to communicate effectively will be an essential part of this position. The work requires considerable initiative, judgment, and critical thinking skills within established guidelines, to produce team outcomes.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Have effective computer skills and the ability to effectively navigate the Electronic Health Record.
- Have a good working knowledge of Quality Improvement and Compliance requirements gained through self-study, formal courses and on-the-job mentoring.
- Work closely with the Quality Improvement and Compliance director to audit, track, analyze and report on individual program and agency performance expectations.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet established deadlines.
- Maintain NLCMHA audit, policy review, and CARF preparation schedules.
- Coordinate with Customer Service for the bi-annual snapshot satisfaction surveys.
- Participate in fidelity audits for internal programs (i.e. ACT, home-based, IHC, Autism) as well as MA verification.
- Maintain tracking system for monitoring and follow-up of corrective action plans.
- Maintain the Quality and Compliance resources on the intranet.
- Conduct research as requested (i.e. compliance, HIPAA, continuous quality improvement, rapid cycle change).
- Assist in the development of power point presentations and other training materials as needed.
- Assist in the provision of compliance education and training to workforce members.
- Coordinate appointments, meetings, conferences, and audits.
- Provide clerical and administrative support as needed.
- Take direction from both supervisor and team leader.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, in person and in written communication.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required, with additional 2-year post-high school education preferred.
- Advanced computer skills necessary.