ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Use the electronic medical record as appropriate to the role of a primary care practitioner.
- Develop, implement and evaluate plans of care utilizing sound clinical judgment based upon patient needs according to current practice guidelines, clinic goals, and best practices.
- Offer wellness counseling and appropriate information regarding non-medical (e.g. dietary) treatment of disease.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including psychiatrist, counselor, nurse, and peer to mentor, educate, and support one another.
- Complete or order simple laboratory tests, immunizations, diagnostic tests, and any additional supporting testing according to standard medical practice.
- Diagnose and treat medical problems including patient education, counseling, medication advice and follow-up instructions with referral when necessary to supervising physician or specialist.
- Monitor the effectiveness of interventions.
- Use references and resources, including clinical guidelines that are appropriate and consistent with those recommended for use in the clinic.
- Ensure that medical records are accurate and recordings are done in a timely manner. All medical records are to be completed and locked within 4 days of a patient visit.
- Function as a member of the client’s health care team by participating in client care conferences as needed.
- Consult with the Supervising Physician or other physicians as appropriate.
- Participate in the orientation of new employees as appropriate.
- Participate in planning programs and in developing specific health policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Participate in quality review activities as a member of the clinical team.
- Practice safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Maintain Basic Life Support certification.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate knowledge and competence with proper coding and documentation as required by the Clinic.
- Act in a professional manner reflecting the mission and philosophy of the Integrated Health Clinic.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the clinic, including HIPAA.
- Other applicable duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM & EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Focus in family practice or adult primary care
- At least 2 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is preferred.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse License and Michigan Nurse Practitioner Certification or Licensed MD or DO.
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.