This is an administrative position that provides advanced administrative support to a manager, Division Chief, or team/unit. This position requires considerable knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and the exercise of initiative, independent judgment and discretion in screening calls, visitors and requests for information. New assignments are received in general outline and employees are expected to proceed with minimum supervision. This position provides oversight of the day-to-day operations of one or more specific areas of support staff responsibility. This may include supplying ongoing directions for one or more support staff but does not include supervisory status.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Process bi-weekly payroll changes for all staff.
- Coordinate insurance benefits – life, health, dental, vision STD, LTD, etc.
- Maintain excellent external vendor relationships.
- Coordinate benefits for COBRA eligible staff and retirees.
- Orient new workforce members and resource contact re on-line learning system.
- Perform complex and confidential functions including developing and typing taped dictation or written correspondence.
- Prepare various complex and/or confidential departmental reports and worksheets. Collect information, compile into standard or non-standard formats, print, proofread and distribute to appropriate personnel and/or agencies.
- Arrange meetings and takes meeting minutes as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring activities of the staff to ensure compliance with the standards and regulations associated with the assigned area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain complex systems of information gathering and reporting to meet the needs of the team and/or agency.
- Provide guidance, direction and information to employees and supervisors on specific situations that arise.
- Process and distribute information and coordinate efforts of staff for timely service delivery and adhere to the standards and regulations imposed on the team and/or agency’s work.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures for the team or area of expertise to maintain appropriate standards in compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Cross train in all facets of HR to provide excellent staff relations.
- Conduct and Provide feedback on exit interviews.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in HR or business preferred. Associates degree or equivalent combination of experience and training that would provide the knowledge, ability and skills to meet the responsibilities of the position.
A minimum of three years direct Human Resource and/or benefits experience required.