This position requires considerable knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and procedures and the exercise of initiative, independent judgment and human service skills. This position will provide support and assistance to the Human Resources Officer. Work requires initiative, independent judgment, and discretion. Direction may be provided to staff assisting in routine details. Work is performed independently, but instructions are received on new assignments and policies. This position is supervised by the Human Resources Officer. This position is not responsible for direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Function as a HR Representative to the Human Resources Director.
- Research information for Human Resources Officer for confidential employee issues.
- Assist in audit preparation for MDHHS, CARF, other external audits, etc.
- Oversee Credentialing and Privileging of agency staff, as well as act as Chair of Credentialing and Privileging.
- Initiate credentialing and privileging for all new clinical staff and clinical contractors. Perform clearance checks through National Practitioner Data Bank for all licensed staff.
- Monitor credentialing and ensure that credentialing is renewed bi-annually for all clinical staff.
- Work with contract department to coordinate credentialing and privileging of contract providers.
- Obtain proof of insurance, liability coverage and state of Michigan licensing from clinical contract providers.
- Monitor licenses and obtain renewed licenses of clinical staff.
- Update licenses in HRMS and NOLA and provide updated information to training department.
- Perform all new hire background checks including but not limited to, criminal, degree verification, references, etc. to determine if applicant is eligible for employment following agency policies and procedures.
- Perform annual background checks of all staff.
- Attend interviews as HR representative.
- Provide back up and be cross trained in all HR functions.
- Post all open positions internally, on intranet and externally.
- Monitor external web page and provide information to keep positions current.
- Assist agency supervisors with workforce hiring processes including creating ads, scheduling interviews, and ensuring proper paperwork is completed for new hires.
- Responsible for recruitment of staff.
- Network with outside entities in recruiting (job fairs, colleges, etc.)
- Create job descriptions for new hires and update job descriptions for position changes.
- Provide weekly reports for Executive Committee regarding posting status.
- General knowledge and or background of FMLA, medical leaves, and benefits.
- Provide information on open and filled positions to Accounting for budgeting purposes.
- Work with potential workforce members to assure paperwork is completed as needed for the hiring process and credentialing.
- Monitor contracts with vendors assuring they are renewed as needed.
- Establish, maintain, and manage databases, lists or other information.
- Develop and maintain systems of information gathering.
- Maintain Human Resources, Credentialing, I-9 and Background check files.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures for the tem or area of expertise to maintain appropriate standards in compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Assist in administrative duties needed by NLCMHA. Compose, edit, transcribe, document, coordinate and disseminates information as needed. Produce, collate, and assemble documentation.
- Maintain project reports, record, schedule, develop and verify report accuracy, and provide status updates and project needs to managers.
- Prepare agendas and take minutes of meetings or conferences, prepare drafts of proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school degree required. Associates or Bachelors in HR or related business field preferred.
Between two (2) to four (4) years staffing and or human resource experience required.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS: N/A