This is a support position dedicated as the initial contact point for nursing home and community-based referrals attempting to access home and community-based services for the elderly and disabled population. The individual in this position will be utilized to provide information to potential consumers and/or their representatives regarding Northern Health Care Management programs, alternative community resources, and the existence of options to provide choice in the community setting. This individual will conduct pre-screening activities and complete the required documentation in the appropriate data bases as mandated by the assigned programs. This administrative support work is based on knowledge of Excel and other utilized software with responsibility for accumulation of data to provide background information used in data collection and marketing measures. This position involves a variety of duties including data entry and report preparation, the administration of pre-screening criteria, vast knowledge of community resources and eligibility criteria, interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively in all types of communication and an ability to build and maintain positive relationships within the community and the programs managed through Northern Health Care Management. This work requires considerable initiative and judgment and is performed within established procedures and under minimum supervision. This position is not responsible for direct supervision of staff.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide administrative support to Supports Coordination staff and be responsible for completing Health and Physical reviews, as well as other assigned tasks that will ensure that program participants receive timely and high-quality services.
- Maintain knowledge regarding community resources throughout the program coverage area.
- Primarily responsible for resource development.
- Liaison with Support Coordination staff, service recipients, supervisory staff, internal agency staff as appropriate, and community partners as directed.
- Take community and nursing home referrals and log/prioritize according to mandated program criteria.
- Administer the program prescreening and explain eligibility criteria.
- Track referral data to assist in steering marketing activities.
- Prepare letters and Action Notices necessary for appropriate referral follow up.
- Maintain basic Medicaid and Medicare knowledge to advise referral sources regarding potential eligibility criteria and resources to pursue.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of Northern Health Care Management programs and the positive representation of these services and delivery models.
- Ensure ongoing development of positive customer relationships with all business partners, participants, and others.
- Provide appropriate education regarding Northern Healthcare Management programs and other available community programs to assist the individual with immediate needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all data and information.
- Work onsite in the Northern Health Care Management office as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Previous experience working with programs serving the elderly and disabled population is preferred.
- Skills assessment testing will occur with all applicants for this position to verify candidates’ appropriate level of competence in the required skill sets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required along with prior experience working in a human service field and extensive knowledge of community resources.
- A Community Health Worker certificate or willingness to complete the training within the first 30-60 days employment is required.
- Prefer one (1) year directly related experience and training that would provide the knowledge, ability, and skills to meet the responsibilities listed herein.