ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Conduct orientation and annual integrated psychosocial assessment of individual needs.
- Coordinate Person-Centered Planning, including integrated care planning with an emphasis on whole health and wellness. In doing so, attending to the total spectrum of the individuals needs, including but not limited to: housing, family relationships, social activities, education, finance, employment, health, recreation, mobility, protective services and records.
- Provide In-Services to all providers on the implementation of the Individual Plan of Service.
- Develop, implement and monitor Behavior Support Plans in partnership with CMH psychologists and the Behavior Treatment Review Committee.
- Provide counseling or individualized therapy as determined appropriate through the person centered planning process.
- Facilitate consumer’s benefits (e.g. SSI, Medicaid, SSD, Medicare).
- Complete all clinical documentation as prescribed by agency and adhering to Medicaid standards.
- Ensure the flow and exchange of information (within HIPAA law) among consumer, family members or other natural supports and linked providers.
- May deliver medications as requested, observe set up of consumer’s medications and provide education regarding medications.
- Work efficiently with COFR requests, responding in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Follow up with contracted COFR Agency to ensure consumer authorizations are current where appropriate.
- Work with Contracts Department to insure COFR arrangements are in place, develop tracking mechanisms of COFR Agreements and rate changes to insure all agreements and rates are current.
- Collaborate with consumers and other providers; continually assessing the consumer’s needs and developing treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timelines and evaluate progress towards goals.
- Project a professional and friendly attitude working with staff or other professionals or the public while on the phone, in person or in written work.
- Locate, obtain and coordinate services outside and inside the CMH system as indicated by the individual treatment plan.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Credentialed by NLCMHA to provide services in this professional discipline.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must have licensure with the state of Michigan as a Licensed Master’s Social Worker, Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university. One (1) year of experience in intellectual and developmental disabilities or mental illness areas is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to walk, bend, stand, sit, lift up to 25 lbs., with or without assistance, stretch/reach, hear, see, hand/finger dexterity and drive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with applicable laws.