Northern Lakes Community Mental Health Authority (NLCMHA) recognizes the value of and employs people with lived experience and believes strongly in Recovery and a Culture of Gentleness. To this end, this position requires a commitment to creating and maintaining a culture that “Expects Recovery” and “Encourages Gentleness.”
This administrative position is responsible for varied secretarial and general clerical work including routine administrative details, the skilled operation of a computer, scanning equipment and phone systems. Work requires initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in screening calls, visitors, and requests for information. Direction may be provided to staff assisting in routine details. Work is performed independently, but instructions are received on new assignments and policies. Advice and assistance are normally available. Work is reviewed upon completion for adherence to established policies and procedures, and results obtained. This position is supervised by the Executive Secretary or Manager as assigned. This position is not responsible for direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
• Review clinical documentation and coordinate with clinicians and providers for assessment of clinical need for persons served within Specialized Residential Services (SRS) settings. Authorize appropriate purchase of services for persons served.
• Monitor residential provider schedules to ensure staffing is provided at a level necessary for ongoing care of persons served.
• Ensure staffing in SRS settings corresponds with services purchased.
• Coordinate with Network Management and follow up with Plan of Correction for providers where there are deficiencies in adequate staffing in SRS settings.
• Coordinate with other NLCMHA staff regarding alternatives to licensed placements.
• Conduct annual site visits to all NLCMHA board operated homes, SRS settings, and other contract providers as part of the NLCMHA provider monitoring function.
• Complete C&P reviews, review clinical documentation, and assist with contract monitoring for non-SRS Network Providers.
• Develop and monitor plans of correction for Network Providers.
• Authorize and reauthorize residential placements consistent with the NLCMHA Utilization Management plan and policy.
• Monitor and review Critical Incident Reports for Specialized Residential providers as needed.
• Coordinate and facilitate six county provider meetings.
• Negotiate residential contracts in coordination with other assigned NLCMHA staff.
• Work with providers to assist in identifying necessary resources for mandatory trainings.
• Serve on the Network Management Team.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university. Five or more years of leadership experience in behavioral health. Prior housing and/or residential program experience.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a Licensed Master Social Worker. Licensure in progress for LMSW considered.
Must maintain licensure.