Employees in this clinical position are responsible for ensuring continuity of services, with a primary responsibility for assuring that the five case management functions are carried out: assessment, planning, linking, monitoring and advocacy. The Case Manager (Care Coordinator) is an advocate and service broker for the consumer and is a resource to the treatment staff.
Primary duties of this position involve the coordination, monitoring County Of Financial Responsibility (COFR) contract services and coordinating, monitoring and inputting authorizations for service into the NLCMHA Electronic Health Record (EHR) for external contracted providers. This is a traveling position requiring service delivery throughout the state meeting with consumers where they live. This position will report to the Operations Manager as assigned and has no supervisor responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Conduct orientation and annual integrated psychosocial assessment of individual needs.
- Coordinate Person-Centered Planning, including integrated care planning with an emphasis on whole health and wellness. In doing so, attending to the total spectrum of the individuals needs, including but not limited to: housing, family relationships, social activities, education, finance, employment, health, recreation, mobility, protective services and records.
- Provide In-Services to all providers on the implementation of the Individual Plan of Service.
- Develop, implement and monitor Behavior Support Plans in partnership with CMH psychologists and the Behavior Treatment Review Committee.
- Provide counseling or individualized therapy as determined appropriate through the person centered planning process.
- Facilitate consumer’s benefits (e.g. SSI, Medicaid, SSD, Medicare).
- Complete all clinical documentation as prescribed by agency and adhering to Medicaid standards.
- Ensure the flow and exchange of information (within HIPAA law) among consumer, family members or other natural supports and linked providers.
- May deliver medications as requested, observe set up of consumer’s medications and provide education regarding medications.
- Work efficiently with COFR requests, responding in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Follow up with contracted COFR Agency to ensure consumer authorizations are current where appropriate.
- Work with Contracts Department to insure COFR arrangements are in place, develop tracking mechanisms of COFR Agreements and rate changes to ensure all agreements and rates are current.
- Collaborate with consumers and other providers; continually assessing the consumer’s needs and developing treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timelines and evaluate progress towards goals.
- Project a professional and friendly attitude working with staff or other professionals or the public while on the phone, in person or in written work.
- Locate, obtain and coordinate services outside and inside the CMH system as indicated by the individual treatment plan.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the state of Michigan as a Licensed Master’s Social Worker, Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university. One (1) year of experience in intellectual and developmental disabilities or mental illness areas is preferred.