This is a professional position assigned to the Northern Health Care Management (MI Choice Waiver program) team. Will provide home and community based assessment and supports coordination for the Northern Health Care Management and interdisciplinary team evaluations and services both in nursing home and outreach settings. Although the expectations for the position may vary from program to program, the overall primary function for this position is to assure that nursing/health assessment, programming and supports are appropriate and suitable. Must strongly believe in recovery and have a commitment to creating and maintaining a culture that expects recovery. Reports to the Northern Health Care Management Program Director. This position has no direct supervision responsibilities. Northern Health Care Management covers 10 counties.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Design, administer, and evaluate nursing/health care programs as appropriate.
- Conduct nursing and health care appraisals.
- Provide assistance in staff training and crisis intervention services related to treatment for nursing/health care consumers of the MI Choice Waiver Program
- Participate in interdisciplinary staffing meetings and other pertinent consumer and staff meetings.
- Provide ongoing case consultation to other members of the team relative to health care services.
- Act as a consultant to co-workers as well as other providers.
- Provide information and resources to interested parties relative to specific diagnoses, health concerns, etc.
- Participate in quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) in assessing their nursing needs, develop treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timeliness, and evaluate progress toward nursing/health goals.
- Maintain knowledge of health symptomotology, intervention and treatment strategies.
- Nurses are assigned Case Management hours and are expected to comply with the Case Management job description.
- Provide crisis intervention services when appropriate.
- May observe setup of consumer’s medications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) years of experience in providing services to consumers who have mental health needs is highly desirable. Training and expertise in geriatric, case management and care of those being elderly or disabled.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Nursing degree with appropriate licensure. Addition certification may be required.