Primary duties of this clinical position involve the performance of Access, Authorization, Utilization Management and Customer Services. Activities include: screening of non-emergent requests for service; initial clinical assessment of individual to determine appropriate level of care or provide referral assistance; initial orientation to CMH services; utilization review, level of care determination; authorization/reauthorization of services to consumers with mental illness or developmental disabilities; and customer service assistance/coordination. This position requires experience with populations served, familiarity with the wide range of programs and services provided by or purchased by NLCMHA and an ability to match persons served to the appropriate scope and intensity of services required. This position will coordinate additional assignments to appropriate programs and will provide services in a welcoming manner, demonstrating co-occurring disorder competencies. This position is not responsible for the direct supervision of staff.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide essential access system functions including welcoming, screening, eligibility determination, collection of relevant information for reporting and decision-making purposes, referrals, provision of relevant consumer information and provision of outreach services when necessary.
- Provide Customer Service, by answering questions regarding services offered, eligibility for service, benefit/insurance coverage information and/or information regarding possible complaints or concerns. Refer or assist individual to take actions to resolve questions or concerns.
- Obtain sufficient information from individuals requesting service in order to determine their apparent eligibility for service including demographics, clinical assessment and diagnosis, level of care determination and referrals.
- Provide face to face clinical assessments of potential new consumers.
- Provide new consumer initial orientation to CMH services including Person Centered Planning process.
- Maintain working knowledge of external agencies and providers and ability to assist requestors of service in linking to other providers if there is a need. Follow up with individuals when appropriate and with consumer acceptance.
- Work efficiently with other person(s) in classification to ensure that requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Screen and address within access service any barriers to service, including speech, language and cultural needs or issues.
- Assure that customers with Limited English Proficiency or other special needs have available and receive appropriate assistance with respect to all CMHSP services, including access to and utilization of the PIHP grievance and appeal process.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, Masters Limited Psychologist or Psychologist.
- Must maintain licensure.
- Additional certification may be required for specialized services, such as CAC, Gerontology.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, or Counseling from an accredited university.
- Two (2) years experience in the mental health field with experience in working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of diagnostic skills to include the use of DSM V.
- Prior experience in performing utilization review functions is highly desirable.