We have scheduled three public hearings to seek input from and share information regarding current services and future system direction with people served, their families, advocates, and community members.
We are especially interested in receiving comment on local needs and priorities, and recommendations to improve the delivery of services and supports for individuals with severe mental illnesses, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, persons with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders, and with serious emotional disorders.
The public hearings will be held at the following locations and times.
- Cadillac – Friday, July 13, 1:30-3:00 pm, at the NLCMHA Cadillac Office located at 527 Cobbs Street.
- Houghton Lake – Thursday, July 26, 1:30-3:00 pm, at the NLCMHA Houghton Lake Office located at 2715 South Townline Road.
- Traverse City – Tuesday, July 31, 1:30 pm-3:00 pm, at the NLCMHA Traverse City Office located at 105 Hall Street, 3rd Floor Board Room.
NLCMHA is both a regional manager of Medicaid services (Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan – PIHP) and a local manager and provider of services (Community Mental Health Services Program – CMH).
- As the PIHP we manage Medicaid and Adult Benefit Waiver (ABW) services for persons with mental health, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities in Crawford, Grand Traverse, Lake, Leelanau, Mason, Missaukee, Oceana, Roscommon, and Wexford Counties.
- As the CMH we manage Mental Health Code public mental health services via state general funds (GF) for persons with mental health needs and developmental disabilities in Crawford, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Missaukee, Roscommon, and Wexford Counties.
- As the CMH we manage MI-Child services for children with mental health conditions in Crawford, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Missaukee, Roscommon, and Wexford Counties.
- As the CMH we provide mental health and developmental disability services and supports in Crawford, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Missaukee, Roscommon, and Wexford Counties.
Individuals who would prefer to submit written testimony should send this to Greg Paffhouse, Chief Executive Officer, Northern Lakes Community Mental Health, 105 Hall Street, Suite A, Traverse City, Michigan 49684.
Individuals requiring special accommodations to participate in the Public Hearing should contact Deb Lavender, in advance, at 231-935-3677.