The 20th Annual Traverse City Dual Disorders Task Force Conference will be Thursday, April 20, 2017 at the NMC Hagerty Center in Traverse City and will feature R. Corey Waller MD, MS, FACEP, DFASAM.
Dr. Waller is an addiction, pain, and emergency medicine specialist and now the Senior Medical Director for Education and Policy at the National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs/Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers (CCHP). In this role he is responsible for developing and maintaining all training and live technical assistance delivered by the National Center. This covers addiction, pain, behavioral health, system development, payment model implementation and healthcare policy.
Upon completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Attendees will understand the neurobiology that underlies the disease of addiction and chronic pain
- Attendees will understand the AMP-C diseases and how they drive complexity in our patients
- Attendees will understand and be able to apply the evidence based approaches to the treatment of opioid use disorder
- Attendees will understand how mental health and addiction overlap and what that means for treatment system development
- Attendees will understand why interdisciplinary teams are the future of all medical treatment.
Application has been approved for 6.0 Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor credits (C.A.D.C.), 6.0 Michigan Social Work (BSW/MSW) CEUs and 6.0 Michigan Board of Nursing (M.B.N.) credits.
Credit cards accepted at MyNorth.com