Northern Lakes Community Mental Health recognizes the value of and employs people with lived experience and believes strongly in Recovery and a Culture of Gentleness. To this end, this position requires a commitment to creating and maintaining a culture that “Expects Recovery” and “Encourages Gentleness.” This is a professional position assigned to the Northern Health Care Management (MI CHOICE Waiver) Team. This RN would provide home and community based assessment and supports coordination for the MI CHOICE Program and interdisciplinary team evaluations and services both in the nursing home and the community outreach settings. The overall primary function for this position is to assure that nursing/health programming is appropriate and suitable. Northern Health Care Management covers 10 counties. This position reports to the RN Case Manager Supervisor for Northern Health Care Management. This position has no direct supervision responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Design, administer, and evaluate nursing/health care programs as appropriate.
- Conduct nursing and health care appraisals.
- Provide assistance in staff training and crisis intervention services related to treatment for nursing/health care consumers of the MI CHOICE Waiver Program.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staffing meetings and other pertinent consumer and staff meetings.
- Provide ongoing case consultation to other members of the team relative to health care services.
- Act as a consultant to co-workers as well as other providers in the greater mental health system.
- Provide information and resources to interested parties relative to specific diagnoses, health concerns, etc.
- Participate in quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) in assessing their nursing needs, develop treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timeliness, and evaluate progress toward nursing/health goals.
- Maintain knowledge of health symptomotology, intervention and treatment strategies.
- Nurses are assigned Case Management hours and are expected to comply with the Case Management job description.
- Provide crisis intervention services when appropriate.
- May observe setup of consumer’s medications.
Credentialed by the Authority to provide services in this professional discipline. Training and expertise in geriatric and long-term care is preferred.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Registered Nursing degree with appropriate licensure. Additional certification may be required.