Will provide direct clinical services using a variety of intervention techniques including individual and group therapies and case consultation and coordination. Will provide direct crisis intervention services to registered and non-registered clients during daytime clinic hours and after hours on a rotating basis. Will focus on the community re-integration of inmates and work closely with correction officers.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide clinical services to individuals, primarily in the jail. Direct services are expected to approximate 60% of the normal work week.
- Provide indirect services, including case consultation and coordination, advocacy and referral.
- Provide individual and group therapy.
- Participate actively in staff development activities including unit meetings, supervisory meetings, community meetings, applicable conferences and review of current literature regarding services.
- Work cooperatively with jail staff, Primary Care Physicians, local Courts, Family Independence Agencies, Schools, ISD, Substance Abuse and other providers to promote provision of quality community-based services.
- Work cooperatively with other agency staff and different programs to insure provision of quality services.
- Participate actively in Utilization Review, other Quality Assurance programs, in periodic evaluation of service output, impact of service delivery, and program planning.
- Complete documentation of assessments, person-centered plans, review of compliance with documentation and contract requirements, quarterly reviews, and terminal evaluation summaries within time frames prescribed by unit policy in accordance with Medicaid and/or other third-party payer standards (including managed care).
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited university, or a Degree in Nursing.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Psychologist preferred. Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, or Masters Limited Psychologist considered.
Must maintain licensure.