Will provide direct clinical services to severely and persistently mentally ill adults using a variety of intervention techniques including individual and group therapies, case consultation and coordination. Will play a lead role in providing Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) services.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide direct clinical services to registered consumers, primarily mentally ill adults. Direct services are expected to approximate 60% of the normal workweek.
- Provide indirect services for registered consumers, including case consultation and coordination, advocacy and referral.
- Consult and actively participate in decisions regarding clients and appropriate services. Participate in daytime and after hours crisis programs.
- Provide group therapy.
- Participate actively in staff development activities including unit meetings, supervisory meetings, community meetings, applicable conferences and review of current literature regarding services to adults.
- Work cooperatively with Primary Care Physicians, local Courts, Michigan Department of Health and Human Service Agencies, Substance Abuse and other providers to promote provision of quality community based services.
- Work cooperatively with other agency staff and different programs to insure provision of quality services.
- Participate actively in Utilization Review, other Quality Assurance programs, in periodic evaluation of service output, impact of service delivery, and program planning.
- Complete documentation of assessments, person-centered plans, review of compliance with documentation and contract requirements, quarterly reviews, and terminal evaluation summaries within time frames prescribed by unit policy in accordance with Medicaid and/or other third party payor standards (including managed care).
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Professional Counselor from an accredited university. Two years post degree experience in a mental health related position with mentally ill persons.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Psychologist preferred. Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, or Masters Limited Psychologist considered. Additional certification may be required for specialized services. Must maintain licensure.