Employees in this clinical position are responsible for ensuring continuity of services, with a primary responsibility for assuring that the five case management functions are carried out: assessment, planning, linking, monitoring and advocacy. The Case Manager (Care Coordinator) is an advocate and service broker for the consumer and is a resource to the treatment staff. The Case Manager reports to the Operations Manager as assigned. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Coordinate Person-Centered Planning, including integrated care planning, with an emphasis on whole health and wellness recovery plans for those with chronic health and/or substance abuse issues. In doing so, attends to the total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not necessarily limited to: housing, family relationships, social activities, education, finance, employment, health, recreation, mobility, protective services and records.
- Collaborate with consumers and other providers: continually assessing the consumer’s needs and developing treatment goals, objectives, methodologies and timelines; and evaluating progress toward those goals.
- Locate, obtain, and coordinate services outside and inside the CMH system as indicated by the individual plan of service (IPOS).
- Provide supportive services (including health education specific to his/her illness or needs) to the consumer and his/her family or other natural supports as part of the health and wellness recovery team.
- Intervene when necessary to assure implementation of the plan (IPOS).
- Request and facilitate, when necessary, review of the IPOS by the individual’s interdisciplinary team.
- Ensure the flow and exchange of information (within HIPAA law) among the consumer, family members or other natural supports, and linked providers.
- Conduct orientation and annual integrated psychosocial assessment of individual consumer needs.
- Document activity in accordance with state and agency guidelines in an electronic medical record.
- Establish and maintain an effective liaison between CMH and outside providers.
- Participate in Quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
- Maintain current knowledge of mental health, chronic disease, and substance abuse symptomatology, including intervention and treatment strategies for selected health conditions.
- Monitor treatment plan follow-up, services to consumer and over-all conditions. Works with the providers to make necessary improvements. Follow-up problem areas as appropriate.
- Facilitate consumer’s benefits (e.g. SSI, Medicaid, SSD, Medicare).
- Review and coordinate with team and provider on decision involving hospitalization, respite and/or transfers/level of care changes. Implements plan of action on transitional care across settings.
- Provide crisis intervention services when appropriate.
- May provide telephonic reminders of appointments and/or assistance with making appointments.
- May deliver medications to consumers as requested and observe setup of consumer’s medications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university, or a Degree in Nursing.
One (1) year of experience in developmental disabilities or mental illness areas are preferred.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a Licensed Bachelors Social Worker, Limited Licensed Bachelors Social Worker or licensed RN considered. Must maintain licensure.