Individuals in this clinical position are responsible for providing assessment and case coordination for individuals needing long term care. This position functions as a member of a team to carry out the NLCMHA’s assessment and clinical services. This position reports to the MI Choice Waiver Program Director as assigned. This position provides no direct supervisory responsibilities. Must strongly believe in recovery and have a commitment to creating and maintaining a culture that expects recovery. MI Choice Waiver program covers 10 counties.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Approve and coordinate the consumer’s Person-Centered plan. In doing so, attends to the total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not necessarily limited to, housing, family relationship, social activities, education, finance, employment, health (including special needs), safety, recreation, mobility, protective services and records.
- Monitor the operation of the services that are provided the individual in accordance with the individual program plan, requesting services when appropriate.
- Provide crisis intervention services when appropriate.
- Function as a primary therapist in some cases.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) in assessing their needs, developing treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timeliness, and evaluating progress toward goals.
- Provide supportive services to the consumer and his/her family.
- Secure relevant data from the other agencies providing services to keep the individual program plan up-to-date and documents according to standards.
- Intervene when necessary to assure implementation of the plan.
- Facilitate the transfer of the individual to another service or agency when such transfer is appropriate to meet the individual’s needs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
One (1) year of experience in long-term care services is preferred.
Experience with skilled nursing facilities and licensed residential homes is preferred.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a RN. Must maintain licensure.