This administrative position is responsible for varied secretarial and general clerical work including routine administrative details, the skilled operation of a computer, scanning equipment and phone systems. Work requires initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in screening calls, visitors, and requests for information. Direction may be provided to staff assisting in routine details. Work is performed independently, but instructions are received on new assignments and policies. Advice and assistance are normally available. Work is reviewed upon completion for adherence to established policies and procedures, and results obtained. This position is supervised by the Executive Secretary or Manager as assigned. This position is not responsible for direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Project a professional and friendly attitude greeting clients, working with staff, other professionals, or the public while on the phone, at the counter, or in written work.
- Answer and transfer calls appropriately, make copies, record messages and distribute messages as needed.
- Triage situations and direct clients to the correct worker.
- Schedule and reschedule consumer appointments for doctors
- Prepare all necessary information and paperwork for doctors one-three business days prior to scheduled appointments.
- Confirm doctor’s appointments by phone one business day before the appointment.
- Manage doctor’s schedules and availability for consumer appointments
- Assist in doctor and client care coordination
- Process requests for release of medical records in compliance with federal guidelines and maintain tracking of this process.
- Complete new consumer registration.
- Scan documents into electronic medical record.
- Maintain inventory and order new inventory of printer toner for Traverse City office.
- Schedule meetings and reserve space using the intranet scheduling system.
- Distribute incoming mail from other offices and outside agency.
- Process outgoing mail.
- Receive and distribute faxes.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to all offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school/GED, including or supplemented by course work in secretarial subjects.
- At least two (2) years experience in secretarial and general office clerical work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that would provide the knowledge, ability, and skill to meet the requirements listed herein.