ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide emergency and crises intervention services as assigned.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) in assessing their needs, develop treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timeliness, and evaluate progress toward goals.
- Provide consultation to other community agencies and professionals (police, courts, clergy, etc.) as needed.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of program services.
- Participate in Quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
- Participate actively in staff development activities including unit meetings, supervisory meetings, community meetings, applicable conferences and review of current literature regarding services to adults.
- Work cooperatively with Primary Care Physicians, local Courts, Department of Human Services Agencies, Substance Abuse and other providers to promote provision of quality community based services.
- Provide emergency services to jail inmates and other clinical interventions as assigned.
- Participate in jail diversion activity as it relates to emergency services.
- Will functions as jail liaison as needed.
- Coordinate Person-Centered Planning. In doing so, attends total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not necessarily limited to, housing, family relationships, social activities, education, finance, employment, health (including special needs), recreation, mobility, protective services and documents as appropriate.
- Request, when necessary, review of the individual program plan by the individual’s interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain knowledge of mental health symptomotology, intervention and treatment strategies.
MASTER’S LEVEL (Staff VII) will also include:
Provide effective individual and group therapy
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Professional Counseling or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
Two years of experience in a mental health related field preferred.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a licensed professional: LMSW, LPC or Psychologist. LLMSW, LLP considered. LBSW preferred, LLBSW considered. Must maintain licensure. Additional certification may be required for specialized services, such as CAC, Gerontology.