Individuals in this clinical position are responsible for providing case coordination, individual, group and/family therapy and crisis intervention. This position functions as a member of a team to carry out the Authority’s clinical, emergency and assessment services. This position reports to the Operations Manager as assigned. This position provides no direct supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide emergency and crises intervention services as assigned.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) in assessing their needs, develop treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timeliness, and evaluate progress toward goals.
- Participate in the Access function as assigned.
- Provide consultation to other community agencies and professionals (police, courts, clergy, etc.) as needed.
- Participate in Quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
- Coordinate Person-Centered Planning. In doing so, attends total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not necessarily limited to, housing, family relationships, social activities, education, finance, employment, health (including special needs), recreation, mobility, protective services and documents as appropriate.
- Request, when necessary, review of the individual program plan by the individual’s interdisciplinary team.
- Provide emergency services to jail inmates and other clinical interventions as assigned.
- Participate in jail diversion activity as it relates to emergency services.
- Function as jail liaison as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of mental health symptomatology, intervention and treatment strategies.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Psychologist preferred.
- Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, or Masters Limited Psychologist considered. Additional certification may be required for specialized services, such as CAC, Gerontology.
- Must maintain licensure.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited university, or a Degree in Nursing.
- Two years experience in a mental health related field.