This position will provide direct clinical services to adults with mental illness using a variety of intervention techniques including individual group and family therapies, case consultation and coordination. May provide services to children with severe emotional disturbance and their families as needed. Will provide direct crisis intervention services to registered and non-registered consumers during daytime clinic hours and after hours on a rotating basis.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Provide direct clinical services to registered consumers, primarily adults with mental illness. Direct services are expected to approximate 55-60% of the normal work week.
- Provide indirect services for registered consumers, including case consultation and coordination, advocacy and referral.
- Complete any necessary evaluations including Basis 32, Folstein and CAFAS. Will consult and actively participate in decisions regarding consumers and appropriate services. Will participate in daytime and for after hours crisis programs.
- Facilitate group therapy modalities when appropriate.
- Work cooperatively with local Courts, Family Independence Agencies, Schools, ISD, Substance Abuse and other providers to promote provision of quality community-based services.
- Work cooperatively with other agency staff and different programs to insure provision of quality services.
- Participate actively in Utilization Review, other Quality Assurance programs, in periodic evaluation of service output, impact of service delivery, and program planning.
- Complete documentation of service formats, service plans, quarterly reviews, and terminal evaluation summaries within time frames prescribed by unit policy in accordance with Medicaid and/or other third party payor standards (including managed care).
- Perform duties in an accurate and timely manner.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Psychologist preferred.
- Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, or Masters Limited Psychologist considered.
- Must maintain licensure.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited university, or a Degree in Nursing.