Persons in this position demonstrate a belief in Youth Guided Family Driven Care. Employees in this clinical position are responsible for ensuring continuity of services, with a primary responsibility for assuring that the five case management functions are carried out: assessment, planning, linking, monitoring and advocacy. The Child and Family Specialist is an advocate and service broker for the consumer and is a resource to the treatment staff. The Child and Family Specialist reports to the Child and Family Supervisor as assigned. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
- Coordinate the youth guided, family driven treatment plan. In doing so, attend to the total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not necessarily limited to, housing, family relationship, social activities, education, finance, employment, health, recreation, mobility, protective services and records.
- Collaborate with consumers (and staff) assessing their needs, develop treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timelines, and evaluate progress toward goals.
- Locate, obtain, and coordinate services outside and inside the CMH system as indicated by the individual treatment plan.
- Provide supportive services to the consumer and his/her family.
- Provide crisis intervention services when appropriate.
- Intervene when necessary to assure implementation of the plan
- Request, when necessary, review of the individual program plan by the individual’s interdisciplinary team.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary team evaluation and review for assigned consumers, as indicated.
- Conduct orientation and annual psychosocial assessment of individual consumer needs.
- Evaluate, facilitates and monitors services and consumers progress in relationship to established goals and objectives and document as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain an effective liaison between NLCMHA and outside providers.
- Participate in Quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
- Maintain current knowledge of mental health symptomatology, intervention and treatment strategies.
- Monitor treatment plan follow-up, services to consumer and over-all conditions. Works with the providers to make necessary improvements. Follow-up problem areas as appropriate.
- Facilitate consumer’s benefits (e.g., SSI, Medicaid, SSB, Medicare).
- Review and coordinate with team and provider on decision involving hospitalization, respite and/or transfers/level of care changes. Implements plan of action.
- May deliver medications to consumers as requested.
- May observe setup of consumer’s medications.